• Breasts may be small in their size for to various reasons.One may be smaller than the other one or asymmetry may be observed.Either(or both)may be lacking as a result of a congenital disorder. The most preferable method today in terms of making both breasts equal in size or increasing their size is breast augmentation via silicone implant.
• In breast implants the common substance is the silicone shelled implants.
• In line with the patient’s breast structure,the implant may be inserted behind the breast tissue or behind the pectoral area.
The Post-operative Period
• Pain is minimal.
• If the implant is placed behind the pectoral area,arm movement may be somewhat restricted in the first couple of days.
• A special bra or dressing is used to cover the breast after the procedure.
• Dissolving sutures do not need to be removed.
• In the early phases swelling may occur,the patient may feel sensory loss in their nipples in addition the emergence of bruising on the skin.These will disappear on their own.
• The patient may return to work after three to four days.
• After three weeks the implant will become thoroughly settled,and the breasts will regain their ordinary function.
• The patient is recommended to avoid impact sports for two months.